Philanthropy is all about making a positive difference in the world by
devoting your resources and your time to causes you believe in. Each trip we
try to give a little back to the gracious people of Costa Rica who open our
eyes to a whole different way of life.
There's no substitute for rolling up your sleeves and working to make a difference. In the past, Worldesigns has tried to make a difference in the lives of the Costa Rican people. We are also an advocate for women-owned businesses.
On our previous trips, sometimes partnering with local schools and professionals, we have supported the communities by:
- Collecting and distributing school supplies, clothing and shoes.
- Working with Bluff Creek Elementary school in Minnesota to purchase a computer for the school in Colonia Libertad (which led to a grant for 2 more computers from their government).
- Distributed soccer balls and cleats.
- Distributed dental hygiene products such as toothbrushes and toothpaste to children in remote villages.
- Taking individual and class school portraits. This may not sound like a big deal but it was the first time the kids had a school photo taken; something we take for granted in the U.S. with our biannual school portraits.
- Taking family portraits.
If you are interested in any type of service project while on a trip to Costa Rica, drop us a line. No effort is too small.